World Cup of Hockey 5 Game Summer Season
Wednesday, June 24, 2020
- Bubble cohorts of players who can not social distance on the ice are limited to 50 players, this includes on-ice officials
- As a result divisions will be limited to 4 teams.
- Team rosters will be limited to 11 players (10 skaters and a goalie)
- Each cohort will play out of a specific arena
- Once a cohort is set, NO REALIGNMENT of teams will be possible
- Players can ONLY PLAY in ONE BUBBLE COHORT during Stage 2 restrictions
- This means that all spares must come from the same cohort and can not be brought from outside, including goaltenders
- It also means that players in one cohort can not play in another cohort with us or elsewhere for the duration of Stage 2 restrictions.
- The season will consist of five games to be played in a World Cup format
- Three round robin games against the other three teams in the division
- One semi final game
- One final game for gold/silver or bronze/4th place
- NO WEEKEND GAMES (all games Monday-Thursday)
- Games will not be forfeited due to a goalie not being available, teams will be allowed to play with 6 skaters on the ice.
- Games will be played on any day of the week, with the exception of the long weekends (games can still occur on Mondays of the long weekend)
- Season team fees are set at $1699+GST per team (there are no schedule packages or early bird/returning team credits for the limited season)
- Registration will open on Breakout at 4:00PM MST Wednesday, June 24th, 2020, please choose World Cup 5 Game Season - Edmonton 2020 (see this on how to join a new season on a mobile device, for existing teams, or see this if your team is new).
- By July 15, 2020 you must have 50% of your team's balance paid (which is $891 including GST)
- By August 1, 2020 team invoices must be brought to zero, which means that either all team fees are paid in full or all players are registered for two or monthly payments ensuring the future balance of the team invoice is at zero or negative as shown on your team in voice on Breakout. A late fee will be applied automatically to all non-zero team invoices after August 1st, 2020.
- To see all the important dates, click here
Parity of each cohort may not be ideal under these circumstances and this is why we settled on a shorter season of 5 games.
11 players per team does not add up to 50 total players in the cohort because we need to have room for at least 4 officials to be part of the cohort to make sure we can staff games properly. The last 2 spots will be buffer spots to be used by teams in a cohort in case of absolute emergency, and once used no other players will be allowed to play in the cohort.
Unfortunately we are limited by the new rules and restrictions announced by AHS for Stage 2 relaunch, we have published an interpretation of the new rules earlier. The arena facilities will also have additional rules on when players can arrive, how they need to enter and exit the building and lots of other new procedures (we will keep you informed once we know what each arena requires, these may not be uniform across all arenas)
This means we can accept less teams, smaller teams, and will need to have ice on weekends. We will be balancing the schedule for the season so it is fair for everyone.
See a list of our World Cup of Hockey FAQs here.
If you have any other questions, please email us at info-at-nchl.com
Sunday, March 15, 2020
With the recent suspension of the Winter 2019-20 NCHL Season, due to the current state of affairs with COVID-19, we have received a number of questions from concerned players. We have compiled a list of the most asked questions and answers. These are posted on our website at www.nchl.com/covid-19-faq (you can access this link via the COVID-19 FAQ's tab on the left side menu) and updated frequently as new information comes to light. Please continue to check back regularly for any updates. Should you have any further questions regarding the Winter Season suspension please don't hesitate to contact us.
NCHL Pauses Winter Hockey Season Indefinitely
Sunday, March 15, 2020
Many hockey and sporting organizations are taking a proactive approach to the spread of COVID-19. Under the recommendation of many provincial and federal organizations we have decided to voluntarily suspend our league and programming operations. The NCHL will be suspending all games indefinitely as of 7:00pm MST March 13, 2020.
The safety of the players and officials in the NCHL are our top priority. With calls for social distancing, we want to do our part in controlling the spread of COVID-19. Our goal is to resume operations when it is safe to do so. We will be in constant contact with facilities and government officials to make the correct decision on the potential resumption of hockey activities.
In these uncertain times, we ask for your patience and understanding as we try to understand the logistics of moving forward. We will update everyone on a regular basis via email, website and social media. If you have any question or concerns please do not hesitate to reach out. We thank you all for your support and cooperation.
Please stay safe and we will see you on the ice soon!
SUMMER REGISTRATION OPEN THIS WEEK!
Monday, December 02, 2019
Time to get your team ready for summer hockey! Edmonton Summer 2020 registration will be open on Tuesday, December 3rd, at 12:00 noon MST.
You can see all the details and pricing here.
Make sure you are ready to register, as the first teams to register and get their deposit in will get to choose their schedules first (when it comes time to do so)!
Thank you for being a part of the NCHL!
2019 Alberta Summer Provincial Highlights
Monday, September 23, 2019
The 2019 Alberta Summer Provincials were an amazing time as always! Check out the photos of the winners here
Posted By: Administrator
Thursday, July 25, 2019
Select a link below to go directly to divisional schedule:
Government issued photo ID must be shown to TK during warm up for each playoff game
If a player does not have Photo ID they will not be permitted to play.
All players require 1/3 of the teams originally scheduled games to qualify for playoffs. We do not make any exceptions on minimum games required for playoffs. All goalies require 1/3 of the teams originally scheduled games in goal to play in playoffs. Goalies with less than 5 games played must follow the spare goalie process below.
A player with a combination of games between goal and player is permitted to play out however, if you require this player to play in net and the player does not have 5 games playing in goal you must follow the spare goalie request below.
Spare goalie process for playoffs:
If a team requires a spare goalie they must give a MINIMUM of 24 hours notice. Teams are to email email@example.com with all of the teams the spare goalie plays on, any other leagues the spare goalie plays in, and all stats from all team pages for the teams they play on.
Spare goalies must play in the NCHL current S2019 season and play in the same division or lower to be considered an acceptable spare goalie. Goalies playing in divisions higher than the team division will not be approved as a spare goalie. Goalies not currently playing in the NCHL in the Summer 2019 season will not be approved for playoffs.
Goalies are only reviewed on a per game basis, if a goalie is approved for one game that does not make them automatically approved for a second. They must send a request in for each game they require a spare goalie.
We do understand that there are last minute fill ins required in some instances. If a team is not able to follow the spare goalie process above due to a last minute cancelation they are still required to submit all of the above info BEFORE the goalie plays their game.
A review will be completed ASAP after the game and if the goalie is determined to be above the level of the division they are playing in the team will forfeit after the game is played and their opponent will continue on.
Anytime a spare goalie is approved for playoffs no goalie listed on the regular season team goalie roster is able to play out and the team will forfeit for playing an illegal player if they do so.
No jersey infractions are allowed in playoffs
Every team is required to have matching jerseys in playoffs. Players that are not in an acceptable team jersey based on the NCHL jersey rules will not be permitted to play.
WINTER 2019-20 REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
Wednesday, May 01, 2019
It may not feel like winter is coming, but it is time to start thinking about winter hockey. The sooner you do, the more money you will save and better schedule you will get!
And good news: we at the NCHL listened to your feedback and have created all new pricing packages and schedule selection draft to fit your team's needs, no matter what you are looking for! Whether it is the cheapest package, or the best schedules you are looking for, we've got you covered!
To register, please tell your GM to go to http://breakoutplay.com/
, select Payments on the lefthand menu, and then Join Another Season at the top.
If you are putting a new team together
, just choose Create Team from the lefthand menu. To see the new pricing packages and find out more information on the winter season please click here
See you on the ice!
The NCHL - A Better Way To Play