World Cup of Hockey 5 Game Summer Season
Wednesday, June 17, 2020
- Bubble cohorts of players who can not social distance on the ice are limited to 50 players, this includes on-ice officials
- As a result divisions will be limited to 4 teams.
- Team rosters will be limited to 11 players (10 skaters and a goalie)
- Each cohort will play out of a specific arena
- Once a cohort is set, NO REALIGNMENT of teams will be possible
- Players can ONLY PLAY in ONE BUBBLE COHORT during Stage 2 restrictions
- This means that all spares must come from the same cohort and can not be brought from outside, including goaltenders
- It also means that players in one cohort can not play in another cohort with us or elsewhere for the duration of Stage 2 restrictions.
- The season will consist of five games to be played in a World Cup format
- Three round robin games against the other three teams in the division
- One semi final game
- One final game for gold/silver or bronze/4th place
- Games will not be forfeited due to a goalie not being available, teams will be allowed to play with 6 skaters on the ice.
- Season team fees are set at $1699+GST per team (there are no schedule packages or early bird/returning team credits for the limited season)
- Registration will open on Breakout at 1:00PM MST Wednesday, June 17th, 2020, please choose World Cup 5 Game Season - Calgary 2020 (see this on how to join a new season on a mobile device, for existing teams, or see this if your team is new).
- By July 15, 2020 you must have 50% of your team's balance paid (which is $891 including GST)
- By August 1, 2020 team invoices must be brought to zero, which means that either all team fees are paid in full or all players are registered for two or monthly payments ensuring the future balance of the team invoice is at zero or negative as shown on your team in voice on Breakout. A late fee will be applied automatically to all non-zero team invoices after August 1st, 2020.
- To see all the important dates, click here
Parity of each cohort may not be ideal under these circumstances and this is why we settled on a shorter season of 5 games.
11 players per team does not add up to 50 total players in the cohort because we need to have room for at least 4 officials to be part of the cohort to make sure we can staff games properly. The last 2 spots will be buffer spots to be used by teams in a cohort in case of absolute emergency, and once used no other players will be allowed to play in the cohort.
Unfortunately we are limited by the new rules and restrictions announced by AHS for Stage 2 relaunch, we have published an interpretation of the new rules earlier. The arena facilities will also have additional rules on when players can arrive, how they need to enter and exit the building and lots of other new procedures (we will keep you informed once we know what each arena requires, these may not be uniform across all arenas)
This means we can accept less teams and smaller teams. We will be balancing the schedule for the season so it is fair for everyone.
See a list of our World Cup of Hockey FAQs here.
If you have any other questions, please email us at info-at-nchl.com